Breakfast Banana Smoothie
This recipe is my own twist on Chocolate Almond Butter Smoothie from JamieLiving.com. I love it because it’s easy, yummy, contains protein, and is a way for me to use the bananas that are about to go bad. (Break them into quarters and freeze them for this recipe.)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk (whole, almond, or whatever you like)
- 2 frozen bananas*
- 4 Tablespoons almond butter (or a handful of raw almonds)
- 2 Tablespoons flaxseeds (for fiber), optional
- 3 Tablespoons cacao powder (no sugar added)
- 1-2 scoops vanilla flavored protein powder
- a bit of honey, if desired (I don’t think it’s needed)
*If banana is not frozen, add a few ice cubes.
Throw it all in the blender and Voila!