All of these resources are from GetFive Career Coaching (getfive.com) I’ve added my own descriptions and comments about what I like (and don’t like) about them.
- Forty Year Vision – invites you to imagine not just your ideal career and life, but the arc of your career in 5 year increments.
- Job Satisfiers and Dissatisfiers in Past Jobs
Targeting – target = (location+industry+position/role)
- Targeting and the Hidden Job Market – information about why targeting and working your networks is so important (vs. tracking job boards.)
- Develop Your Job Targets – a worksheet to help you identify your targets
- Target List Worksheet – helps you identify clarify your targets and list companies within each target. This is based on Get5’s Magic Number Worksheet which is way too complicated imho.
- Target Map & Tracker – helps you track leads/contacts for company within your targets. Also complicated but you can start with this and simplify as you wish.
Pitch – answers the question, “Tell me about yourself”
- Craft a Killer Two-Minute Pitch – Quick Reference/Guide
- Two-Minute Pitch Template
- Two-Minute Pitch Example – request for informational interview
- Two-Minute Pitch Examples
- Note from Marcilie: I like the Get5 Summary section, but not with so many skills listed in bullet form. A paragraph summary section is also acceptable (but is not shown in these examples because Get5 does not recommend it).
- Building a Winning Resume – a tip sheet for resume writing.
- Building a Winning Resume Checklist
- Resume Examples
- Resume Templates (using Google Docs)
- Cover Letters and Other Communications Examples – the section on cover letters is weak here, but there are many other examples of how to reach out for networking and job leads.
- Keys to Effective Networking and Direct Contact – tips and information.
Search Firms and Job Boards
- Job Application Checklist
- Beat the Odds with Search Firms and Job Boards – how to use search firms and job boards effectively.
- Acing the Video Interview Checklist
- The Consultative Approach to Interviewing – an excellent tip sheet for how to approach and prepare for interviews.
Interview Follow Up
- Turn Interviews into Offers – I love this one — rather than write a “thank you note” after your interview, write an “influence letter.”