Parenting with Positive Discipline Classes
Parenting with Positive Discipline (PD) classes are for all parents who want to invest in a strong, connected, and mutually respectful relationship with their kids for the long term. Who doesn’t want that?!
Peaceful Parents, Cooperative Kids
“I really love all the positive reinforcement for positive parenting received from Marcilie! My family and home are happier places as a result!” — Lana Tillis, Mother of 2 Children
Coming 2021. This class is focused on parenting Preschoolers ages 2 – 6.
Next class starts September 22, 2021.
Would you like to:
- yell less
- have fewer power struggles
- connect more
- share the load more
- feel more confident and peaceful in your parenting
- and raise children who are respectful, resilient, and plain old happy?
Then you’ll definitely want to join us for this fun, informative workshop series!
This Parenting with Positive Discipline workshop series will help you show up as the parent you want to be, and create a home where respectful cooperation is the norm. You’ll get tangible, practical tips and tools that are easy to implement and work right away.
Here’s just some of what you’ll learn over the 6-week class:
- My favorite 3-step ritual to stay cool, calm, and curious in the face of really irritating behavior.
- 2 things every child needs for intrinsically motivated cooperation.
- Simple, tangible, and effective Positive Discipline tools to reduce defiance, tantrums, back talk and other challenging behaviors.
- How to leverage your family team (including your partner) in household responsibilities.
- The one principle that matters most in helping your kids to become responsible, respectful, resourceful, and happy adults (and how to put that principle into practice every day.)
This series is offered in a Virtual Classroom using video conference, as well as live and in person at Redwood Day in Oakland, CA and Mission Montessori in San Francisco, CA
Positive Discipline for Early Childhood Educators
Become a Certified Positive Discipline Early Childhood Educator
Saturday and Sunday October 2 and 3, 2021
9:00am–5:00pm in Oakland, CA (10 min walk from Rockridge Bart)
This two-day interactive workshop is designed for early childhood educators, teachers, and caregivers who work with children from birth to six years of age. (Parents will also find this workshop helpful; however, the focus is on early childhood education.) Participants will learn to apply the principles and tools of Positive Discipline, an Adlerian research-based philosophy, to working with groups of young children. They will also gain a deeper understanding of how young children learn, the importance of belonging and social and emotional learning, and how best to teach those skills in a classroom or care setting.
Positive Discipline Roots
Monthly on Mondays, starting September 27, 2021
7:00pm–8:30pm in Piedmont, CA OR 11:00 – 12:30pm PST in a Virtual Classroom!
A monthly Parenting with Positive Discipline reinforcing group for those who have completed at least 10 hours of Positive Discipline instruction.
Building Strong Sibling Relationships
Would you like to see your kids managing their emotions, resolving conflict on their own, and enjoying each other more?
In this fun, interactive 2-night workshop, parents will:
- Learn 4 things parents commonly do that exacerbate sibling rivalry and what to do instead
- Experience the difference between traditional methods of discipline and positive discipline when it comes to managing sibling conflict
- Gain practical tools you can teach your children so they can resolve their own conflicts
- Get help managing real-life sibling conflicts
About Positive Discipline:
Positive Discipline (www.positivediscipline.com and www.positivediscipline.org) is a program designed to teach young people to become responsible, resourceful members of their communities. Based on the best selling “Positive Discipline” books by Jane Nelsen and others, it promotes self-discipline: doing the right thing when no one is watching, forcing, or bribing. This happens when we model and teach our children important social and life skills in a manner that is deeply respectful and encouraging for both children and adults. Positive Discipline teaches adults to employ kindness and firmness at the same time, and is neither punitive nor permissive.
This workshop is available for custom groups only. Please contact me for more information.
Re-claim a sense of work / life balance!
- Clarify what balance means to you including what you need to ask for, and let go of, in order to feel more of it.
- Get practical tips to open up an extra 30-60 minutes in your day.
- Leave with new insights, actionable plans, and accountability.
“Balance” means something different to everyone. But we all know how it feels. And have you noticed that when you feel it, parenting (and everything) is so much easier?
To me, “balance” does not mean having equal amounts of things. Rather, it means having as much of something as you need, in order to feel a sense of peace, fulfillment, and general well being.
For example, some people need lots of challenging work; others need just a little. Some people need lots of social time; others need plenty of alone time.
Your recipe for “balance” is unique to you. What does your recipe call for, and in what amounts? What “ingredients” have you been short on? And what ingredients have you been adding, simply because that’s what someone else’s recipe calls for?
In this 2-hour workshop, we will:
- Explore what you need in your recipe to feel more peace, purpose, productivity and joy
- Challenge assumptions and beliefs that keep balance out of reach
- Create personalized action plans to get closer to your “sweet spot”
- Get tangible tips to free up 30-60 minutes / day
- Give and get encouragement, suggestions, and accountability
- Have fun!
This workshop is for you if:
- You feel like you’re walking on an endless treadmill, always moving and always out of breath
- You’ve lost track of the parts of yourself you used to love: your spunk, your humor, your sense of purpose or joy
- You feel guilty if you put your needs ahead of anyone else’s
- You’re frequently stressed-out, bummed-out, exhausted, irritated, or burnt-out
- You’ve spent years pouring energy into your kids and your work, and you’re ready to invest in your SELF!
Life is too short to spend it feeling chronically stressed-out, bored, bummed-out, irritated, grumpy, or burnt-out! Take a risk on getting closer to the life you dream of. What are you waiting for? You’ll feel better, you’ll do better, and that’s better for your kids, too.
All parents, men and women, working for pay or not, are welcome. It is not necessary to be working for pay to crave a sense of work / life balance.